Monday, February 23, 2015

I'm back! (and I know you want some protein pancakes...)

Hey, hey! Do you remember this girl?! Yeah, me neither. It's been ages since my last post and I really don't know what excuse to make. Well.. life has been busy lately, but I don't want to bore you with my personal stuff, I will just tell you two of what we could call "highlights of Flor's existence": a) I got married last September to an amazing man (that I love deeply) and b) I'm not vegetarian anymore. Whoa! I'm sure you weren't expecting that! haha

Anyways, I also don't remember the last time I made protein pancakes (and they actually tasted good) but, to be honest, I went through different websites today and came up with this recipe, which is a mix of all the recipes in the protein world (?). This protein oat-blueberry pancakes taste AMAZINGLY good, they're super filling and don't need ANY type of syrup. Seriously, not even one drop. And no, I DIDN'T use sugar, honey, sweetener, aaaanything! I'm definitely sticking to this recipe at least for a while.
The only downside (to me) is that the main ingredient are rolled oats (duh!). So, "why is that a problem?" you say, and you are right. It's definitely not a problem if you are using this recipe for breakfast, since oats are complex carbohydrates that make your body work hard to digest them keeping you feeling full for a longer period of time. BUT, if you are craving a mid-afternoon snack (just like me, I'm a sucker for snacks!) well, then you might want to try a different recipe unless you are working out at night time or during the evening. Why? Well, like I said before, oats are complex CARBOHYDRATES, they make a really good source of energy that if it's not used (a.k.a if you are not moving for a considerably amount of time) they will store as fat. To sum this up and go right to the recipe I would say; load yourself with oats as early as you can, but don't panic if you went on an oat binge (like I did with the pancakes) on the afternoon. You are not going to be obese because of that. Remember that it's always better to eat healthy carbs than sh***y carbs. And please, PLEASE don't be obsessed with food, just enjoy it and stay healthy.

Now to the important part... the recipe!

Ingredients

- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used vanilla)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Frozen Blueberries

Dierctions

1. Place all ingredients on a blender (everything but the blueberries) and blend for 30 seconds.
2. Lightly grease a skillet (I sprayed it with coconut oil) and pour the batter like making regular pancakes.
3. Before flipping the pancakes, sprinkle some blueberries on top.
4. Don't you dare waiting until they cool down, eat them right away! ;-)

Seriously though, I had to tie up my hands (not literally, of course) to avoid eating them right from the skillet. Let me know what you think!!

Alrighty folks, that's all for today, I hope you like the recipe and see you tomorrow!


Big hugs, joy and happiness to y'all!

Flor.-

No comments:

Post a Comment